Sunday, February 26, 2012

Number Forms


My teaching style received a major revamp a few years ago when I went through Singapore Math training. Not only did the way I teach math change, but so did the way I thought about math. These principles of understanding the why in numbers does astonishing things to students mathematical minds.

One of the fundamental concepts that students in grades 2-4 must understand is that of Number Forms. Singapore Math takes kids through the forms numbers can be written in. This foundation also provides a foundation for what is to come with operations.

Here is my 4 day standard-based unit on PowerPoint that includes songs, interactive lessons, use of manipulatives, videos... Check it out!

                                   

Here is a video I use during this unit.


No comments:

Post a Comment